Friday, September 21, 2007

Sept. 21, 2007
I am feeling a little unsure this morning. I went to my last class and wow the supplies list is an entire page long. 90% of the supply list I don't even know what it is. My first project is to make a self logo. I am taking this class to learn how to draw so we shall see what I threw myself into. I feel like maybe I picked the wrong major but I know that as soon as I see that I am just as good as the others in my class I will be just fine. I do this everytime I take an art class but it makes sense when you are puting your own creations out there for people to critique. A few more weeks and I'll fit right in.
In college classes they always make you introduce yourself in a weird sort of way to everyone in the class. My professor had us do 2 truths and a lie. You tell the class 2 true things about yourself and 1 lie and see if they can guess which one is the lie. Mine were I am a biology major, I have 3 boys, and I have been married more then 10 years. Apparently I look young becasue no one can believe that I have been married for as long as I have and apparently it is nearly impossible to have 3 boys. One person even commented that if I had 3 boys I wouldn't look like a girl or be in school. Interesting. I think they have a whole different image of me now like I am a worrior or something.
Funny story for the week-
Our downstairs toilet has been clogged for over a month. We have used plungers, toilet snake, really strong liquids that are guarenteed to unclog it and nothing worked. I took the whole toilet off of the ground a few days ago flipped it over and still couldn't fix it. Yesterday morning I went into the bathroom and here was a white thing in the toilet. I reached down and there was a plastic bottle of contact solution in the toilet. About a month ago Pj had gotten ahold of the solution and we couldn't find it anywhere. I guess now we know where he put it. I was so thrilled I called Shawn just to tell him. It was big news in our house all day and we can actually go to the bathroom downstairs again. Yeah fo us.
I weighed in this morning at 176.8 this morning. SLowly the weight is still going down. This diet is becoming a habit now so it is getting so much easier to eat the way I am supposed to. My weaknesses are still ice cream and sweets. Maybe a burger and fries once in awhile.
Have a great weekend everyone.
Ali

No comments: