Friday, September 7, 2007

Sept. 7, 2007
TGIF isn't that the truth this week. It has not been a bad week just an off one. Shawn and I have been staying up later then normal playing gin on the computer. It is our nightly rutine to put the kids to bad and then relax on the couch and play computer games. We sound like an old married couple but we really enjoy doing nothing together.
Cody is working on a report on cherries and has to get up next tues in from of the class and tell them all about cherries. Garrett is joining band. He has decided he want's to play the trumpet. We got the results back from Garrett as to how he did this summer in raising his reading level. Last year when he started at the school he was at a 2.4 which means as a new 4th grader he was reading at a low 2nd grade level by the end of the year with all his reading teachers help he went to a 2.7 so a mid 2nd grade level. Through our summer reading program and home school he is now at a 3.5 so in 9 months of school he went 3 mo up and in 3 mo. of at home stuff he went 8 mo. We are thrilled with his progress. Our goal is to get him to a 5.0 before the end of the year which is a totally realistic goal.
Pj is just loving hanging out with Mommy by himself again. He loves laundry, and to open the windex bottle and dump it on the carpet. Life is good.
This weekend we have a Brenner family party on Sat. at Shawn's parents. Sun is all about football and doing nothing. We love our Sundays!
I weighed in this morning at 183.2 which brings me to 33 pounds and the lowest I have been yet. It was nice to put another X on my sponsor paper. I am at a not taken number but I am getting close to 35. I am hoping to do better this weekend then I sometimes do.
Have a great one,
Ali

No comments: