Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Sept 11, 2007
I am going to start out today by sharing a yummy recipe that if I have in the house I cannot stay away from, best part is it is diet friendly.
Black Bean salsa - compliments of Matt
2 cans of black beans drained
1/2 of a red onion
1/2 of a red bell pepper
1/2 a bag of frozen corn cooked in a pan with a little olive oil until a little roasted
1/2 a bunch of cilantro chopped
1/2 c. light bbq sauce
1/2 of a lime juice squeezed into mix.
add everything together and stir. It is great on chips, over chicken or fish, over rice, in taco's. I got this recipe and now it is almost always in the fridge because it is so yummy.
So yesterday Cody finished his cherry report and today he presents it to the class. Garrett and I went to his first band meeting yesterday. There are hundreds of kids playing it was crazy. Garrett wanted to play the trumpet but the band teacher asked Garrett if he would be willing to play the trombone becasue he only had a few kids and needed a few more. Garrett being the way he is was so excited to play something different then most of the other kids. So we are now the proud rental owners of a trombone or T-bone as the band teacher likes to call it. Garrett got up early this morning to mess around with it and has his first practice Thurs. night. I can't wait for all the practicing he is going to be doing:) I think I will make that Shawn's job to help out with.
I weighed in this morning at 184.6 so I am on the way back down. I am a little sad becasue the diet I have been doing is under alot of controversy. Apparently the woman who designed it never lost weight and the advice she is giving is horrible. People are staying under 300 calories a day and losing their hair. She is being looked at by all kinds of legal people and has all kinds of law suits against her. I am a little lost as to weather I should continue the diet or not. I never followed it 100% and never stayed that low on calories. So today I am going to look more into the diet health wise and then look at good old Weight watchers and see if I can put the two plans together for a healthier version. If you have any imput let me know.
There are a few people who read this who know I have a myspace but few that do not know. I have a myspace for the purpose of talking to old friends, family, and class mates. If you want to check it out here is the link.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=64200967
well have a great day everyone.
Ali

No comments: