Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Oct. 23, 2007
Can you believe thse fires. Yesterday at 9:30 I was doing dishes and looking out the kitchen window when I saw smoke start rising. I knew it was a fire but didn't know where. It was the start of the Arrowhead area fires. So our house smells and is ashy. I was going to take a pic for you guys but forgot. Near all our windows there are piles of ash that has made it's way in the house. The one near the back door was huge and covered the the whole dining room floor. Fun cleaing that up. It is still extremely windy today. I guess it is supposed to last through this evening.
My campus is closed today so I get to stay home and watch the news. My campus sits right at the base of the mountain near the green valley lake fire. They also had a bunch of power lines fall because of the wind and cannot fix them until the wind clears up. Yeah for me.
I had a great day yesterday of no cheating. I stuck to my salad, yogurt, string cheese, all the stuff I know I can eat. I weighed in this morning at 167.4 which is over 3 pounds in one day. I know I am dehydrated and this is part of why it is so low. Drinin my water today.
Have a safe day and stay inside.
Ali

No comments: