Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Oct. 10, 2007
Today is going to be a great day. Shawn is going to be ok and that is all the good news I need.
We went to his Dr. appt. yesterday and he did no damage to his ligaments. The MRI shows he broke his leg by his knee but they are not going to cast becasue it is already healing in a good position. He is going to need physical therapy for his arm and leg in the near future 3 times a week for about 6 weeks. We are thrilled that he is not going to need surgery and will be just fine with time.
School yesterday went really well. I made my second teapot which is the ugliest thing you have ever seen but that was on purpose. I also had time to start a few of my own things. I had a critique for my night class which was nothing but good comments from the students as well as the teacher. I am finally getting to know people and feel like I am fitting in a little better then I was. I did a paper the first week of class on an artist named Andy Goldsworthy. For some reason my teacher kept reffering to me as Andy Goldsworthy and looking at me so I thought maybe he is using that becasue he doesn't know Ali yet. I went to him last night to get my grade so far and in the grade book he had me down as Andy Goldsworthy, he had no idea that was not my name. He has all my grades and everything under that name. He felt pretty stupid when I told him I was Ali Brenner not Andy. He laughed and told me he thought Ali had dropped the class becasue he hadn't seen her in class. Only me Andy. So all is fixed now and I am Ali again. In this crazy process I found out that I have an A on both of my projects that I have turned in so far. Works for me.
I weighed in this morning at 168.8 I am at 47.4 pounds gone. Whoo hoo I am back below 170.
have a great day.
Ali or Andy

No comments: