Monday, August 4, 2008

Aug. 4, 2008
We had a fantastic weekend of hanging out with tons of family and friends. Sat. we went to my Grandmothers house to swim and visit with her. When we left her we went to my Mom's and visited with my Uncle and Cousins. We also had the chance to see my Grandfather, his brother and my great Aunt who I have always loved because she is 100% italian and can cook like noone else I know. We also saw a bunch of cousins. It was fun.
Sun we woke up and went to church in Upland. For the first time I feel like I was told where Shawn and I should be offering to help in the church. We always have said we need to get more involved and voleenteer in some way. Well I feel like God has told me and now I need to work on how I should pull it together. So please pray for me in that area.
After church we came home and Chris and Ali came over. We love to see and hang out with them. The kids swam and we chatted about everything and everyone. It was fun and a much needed afternoon of relaxing.
As for dieting I was super good all day leading up the events. I ate very low calorie so that I would be able to enjoy myself and not be the girl who is dieting. I did over do it a bit at the times I did eat with chips and desserts. I am not going to weigh in today. After a weekend of eating somewhat normal I am going to weigh in tomorrow once I know that scale will drop a bit and I won't be discouraged by the number.
So off to do all the Mommy stuff I need to do.
Ali

2 comments:

Jeanne B. said...

Ali, it sounds like you're doing great! I'm glad to hear how much fun you had over the weekend with your family and how you still did pretty well despite all the activity. Sounds like you're back in the game so good for you!!! And awesome to hear about God's prompting on your heart...I'll be praying for that area of your life as well. Take care sis! :O)

Jeanne B. said...

Ali, it sounds like you're doing great! I'm glad to hear how much fun you had over the weekend with your family and how you still did pretty well despite all the activity. Sounds like you're back in the game so good for you!!! And awesome to hear about God's prompting on your heart...I'll be praying for that area of your life as well. Take care sis! :O)