Friday, July 11, 2008

July 11, 2008
Som people find it hard to sleep when they are in the first phases of a diet because the amount of calories that you are eating is so different then "Normal" that you metabolism somehow throws off your melatonins making it either very tired or where you cannot sleep. It can take up to a month to go back to normal.
So this is what I found out about why I have been lying in bed for hours at night. Shawn has had the opposite reaction, he keeps falling asleep on the couch at 9pm. Last night seemed better but I think this was because we didn't go to bed until 1am. So hopefully in the next few days my body figures it all out and fixes it.
We had a great day again yesterday. We swam, and humg out. Dinner was pancakes, eggs with syrup, and mac and cheese. I had 2 little pancakes with jelly for 300 cal. and some scrambled eggs. Shawn ate the same thing I did and we enjoyed staying on track together.
This weekend will be our first test. Shawn has already decided to be really good all day and then ahve salad and a slice of pizza. Me I think just salad and a diet soda no pizza. I am afraid if I do one little cheat this early in that I will go right back to bad habits.
I am in a whole new mindset and enjoying dieting again. I love to wake up and look forward to getting on the scale. I don't think about food all day. I eat when I have to and my body tells me it needs food. I have more energy and physically feel better when my body isn't having to work as hard to get rid of all the junk I eat.
Ok well have a great weekend and enjoy the little things. This weekend is about enjoying my kids. I realize how quickly they are growing up and I want to cherish every min. with them now.
Ali

No comments: