Wednesday, May 7, 2008

May 7, 2008
I am so glad I have a day off. Seems like it has been awhile since we have not had company or Shawn being gone, or me home while the kids are at school. I am taking the day to put together some necklaces for a ceramics sale at school tomorrow.
I am sad to say that the clay baby didn't make it into the ceramics show. I got to school and people were honestly surprised it didn't make it. My teacher is upset and going to talk to the judges because she wasn't happy with their choices. They went with a very clay brown color on the pieces and a very asia feel. My baby is neither of those. At first I was very upset and offended. I am still upset but the show is kind of falling apart. My teacher has suggested I wait and put him in the big show at the school for all art students in the huge museum which is a much bigger accomplishment then the current show. So that is what I will do.
I did well yesterday on the diet front. I didn't pack my lunch but I was so busy I should have. I had 2 c. of juice and a homemade tamale, and 1 egg for the day. I am going to pack from now on. It is really hard to stop working and go get lunch. I weighed in this morning at 172.8 so going down. Yeah.
Have a good day,
Ali

No comments: