Monday, May 18, 2009

This is the first weekend in forever that I make it through and did really well and lost!!!
I weighed in at 185.4 down from 188 on Friday and down a total of 15 pounds in 3 weeks. I swear I am eating non stop and good stuff and losing. We went to a Quakes game on Sat and I ate a philly cheese steak but not the bread and Sun we bbq in the backyard. We had marinated chicken that was super yummy and I will post the recipe soon. We also had bbq ardichokes with a tomato relish and roasted garlic mayo, and watermelon. The kids and Shawn had rice with spray butter and fresh parmishan cheese on it. We had a great dinner and I even had a beer while we were relaxing in the back yard with the kids. How is this a diet? For dessert we had sugar free jello with whipped cream on top.
I took my cset teaching test on Sat. I already passed one part of it and had to retake the 2nd part because I didn't pass the first time by 5 points. I think I did much better this time. I don't find out until July but I am not as worried as last time.

Ok so a new green tip of the day.
An easy way to clean green is to turn the dial on your washing machine to cold. Most loads don't need hot water, and 90% of the energy used by washing machines goes into heating. The higher the water temperature, the higher the cost to you and the planet. We have been doing this for awhile and it is true, most loads get just as clean in cold water. I still do however wash sheets, towels, and bleached loads in hot water. One more little tip is to run your water heater at a little lower temp. if you turn it to a cooler temp it isn't running as offten to keep the unused water warm. We did this and didn't notice a difference and it is also safer with kids in the house.

Have a good one,
Ali

No comments: