Friday, May 15, 2009


I had a really great day yesterday. I got to school at 7:45 for my midterm and on my way to class the teacher found me and told me she wanted to talk about my art history paper that I had turned in a week before. I started freaking out in my head because I thought oh no what did I do wrong. She could tell I was freaking out a little and said " no, I loved it, it was fantastic." She lliked it so much that she is going to use it as an example of how to do the assignment for future students. I was the highest grade in the class of about 200 people. How cool is that.

Next was the midterm, I was nervous that I hadn't studied enough but I am pretty sure I did fantastic.

Later in the day we had our critiqe for our cutting boards in my wood class. In a critique the teacher and students tell you what they liked and dislike about your work. I got nothing but great feedback and my professor loved it. He wants to put the board in a display by the museum for people to see. Another cool.

So for the diet I had another greaat day. Cheese has become my new best friend. I eat a ton of protein (shrimp, chicken, lunch meat) and yogurt, cheese, and veggies. We had the best recipe last night for roasted veggies and I will post it at the bottom. anyways I weighed in at 188 even today. I can't remember where I was on Wed.. so I know it is .8 from yesterday.

Pj is sick and has a terrible cough so we are going to spend a day home and a little cough time to try to mae him more comfy.

Have a great weekend,

Ali



Roaster veggies

in a large bowl mix


2 red bell peppers cut into thick strips


1 sweet onion cut into thick strips


1 zucchini cut into circles


1 yellow squash cut into circles


1 lb. os asparagas chop off ends and cut remainder into two parts.


4 teaspoons of olive oil


4 teaspoon. balsamic vinegar


1/2 t.easpoon basil


salt and pepper


toss everything and lay on a baking sheet


put into a 450 degree oven for 30 min.


Super yummy and the veggies get sweet and soft.

*next time I am going to add 1 pack of mushrooms*

1 c. = 1 POINT

No comments: