Wednesday, January 20, 2010

oops my bad

Well yesterday was a real day of learning. I was busy all day with homework and didn't have time to eat dinner before school. I stopped at Starbucks for my soy sugar free vanilla latte and decided to pick up a little pastry. They have a sugar free, low fat selection so I decided they would be around 5 points and I would check once I got to school. I decided on a no sugar added lower fat banana, choc. chip muffin. As I was eating it I told myself about 10 times to throw it out the window and stop eating it. I thought low fat and no sugar I will be ok. I got to school and pulled out my laptop before class. My little good for me muffin was anything but good for me. According to the Starbucks website it was 11 points. My guess is 11 points is around 600 calories. So needless to say I learned from my mistake and didn't get to eat a healthy dinner because of the stupid muffin. What is even more shocking to me is that my normal before Starbucks stop with coffee and some kind of goodie was probably around 2000 calories. Holy cow. Funny because we wonder how we gain weight like we do and then realize something so simple as an afternoon treat was more calories than I am eating in an entire day now.
Have a great day.
Ali

No comments: