Friday, January 22, 2010

I will get through this without a food crutch.

I decided to take the time to post today because I am having a rough morning. I got a call from my Mom this morning that late last night she and my great uncle had to go pick my Grandfather up and bring him to my Mom's house to live until they can find a home for him. In the last few months his Alzheimer and alcoholism have gotten a lot worse. He has been in and out of the hospital for falling and other medical issues. My Mom was dealing with a social worker trying to decide if should be living by himself. I guess yesterday she got a phone call from my grandpa's good friend that said he was in a ton of pain, can't take care of himself, and it was time for him to live with someone or in a home. My Mom went down and packed him up. I have been on and off of the phone all morning with my Mom trying to help the best I can. He is having some medical issues and needs to be in the hospital but he forgets what is going on and keeps asking to be released. My Mom is having a really hard time being the one to plan and figure all of this out. With my past my natural instinct is to protect my Mom. I have been having a rough morning and want to do nothing but eat. I have a pot of veggie soup on the stove cooking and I am determined to get through this without my food crutch. Anyways I had to share what was going on more for myself as a way to keep busy but also so I can look back and remember that I made it past this without the help of food.
Please pray fro my Grandpa's health and my Mom's sanity. (they have kind of a rough past)
Have a good Friday,
Ali

1 comment:

Jeanne B. said...

Hey Ali. I'll be praying for your mom and Grandpa. It's tough to play the role of caretaker for someone you're close to but even more so when you don't have a history of a good and healthy relationship together. Hang in there...