Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Feb. 20, 2008
Good Morning.
My potluck went fantastic yesterday. The guest speaker ran over in time so they did the potluck after I had to leave school for the day. How great is that! I decided to go to the mini cafateria yesterday to grab something to eat to keep myself from eating at the potluck. I was hoping they had string cheese but the shelf where they were supposed to be was empty. I decided to go take a look at the salads which usually are terrible for you. BBQ chicken salad, nope terribly high in sugar and carbs. Fried chicken salad, nope again. a few other bad choices. I move one to take a look at it and underneath it was a spinich salad with a harb boiled egg, mushrooms, red bell pepper and red onion with a 1 carb salad dressing. I was so excited to find something I could eat. It was pretty tasty too.
So Monday night we took the boys to get an eye exam for the first time. Both of the boys need reading glasses. Garrett is worse then Cody but they are both not too bad. They both have great vision far away but their eyes strain to read up close. So next adventure will be finding them both glasses.
After my yummy salad I came home and Shawn had to work late. He got home at around 7pm and we were both starving. I had fed the kids pancakes so it was just us I needed to feed. I have needed to go to the market since last Friday but have not had the time to fit it in so no food in the house. I ran to Del Taco and I got a chicken burrito with just a tortilla, grilled chicken, lettace, and a little bit of cheese. It was really yummy. I was still totally hungry when I was done and leaned over and took a few bites of Shawn's nachos. Last I went into the kitchen and ate a tiny brownie bite that Shawn and the boys bought at costco. So not a total success but I still made decent choices. I weighed in this morning at 165.2 so another pound gone.
Today I am going to the market and setting myself up better to be successful.
Please pray a big prayer for garrett we got a note sent home yesterday that one of the boys in his class Nicholas who was also one of the boys he would hang out with on the playground passed away last weekend. He was riding an ATV and it rolled on him and broke his neck. Garrett doesn't seem to be dealing with it at all which makes me a little sad. I don't think he knows what to do just like all of us don't know what to do in the event of a death. So please keep The family of Nicholas as well as Garrett and his fellow student. Thanks Guys.
Ali

No comments: