Monday, February 22, 2010

day 1

Well day one is here. I went to Henry's yesterday and stocked up on everything I am going to need to be successful. I am stoked to start getting healthy again. I weighed in this morning and after a weekend of eating and drinking a ton of soda I am actually not wanting to write my weight on here today. I am within a few lbs of where I started in July 2007 when I lost 60lbs. so i may write it later but I don't want to today. So here are the basics of the plan
- no white flour instead you eat sprouted Ezekiel 4:9 bread, English muffins, tortillas, etc.
- no sugar or sugar substitutes. I have purchased stevia which is a natural sweetener that doesn't have many calories and doesn't give you craving like sugar sub.
- I am giving up coffee and taking up tea. I have decided that the amount of cream that I use hinders my calorie intake so off it goes.
- to figure out tour daily calorie intake you take you current weight and multiply it by 13 if you sit a lot or have an office job, 14 if you work out 3 times a week, and 15 if you are really active. Take that number and devide it by .80 and there is your calories for the day. You get a little more than a typical diet but the hope it a lifestyle change and ease instead of killing you. So my daily is 1664 calories.
- I also have a meal plan I must follow so breakfast I get 2 carbs and 2 proteins basically 2 eggs and some veggies in an omelet, and a piece of fruit. or 1 egg, lean bacon, and a piece of toast with sugar free jelly on it. Each meal you have a different amount to follow and they add fat to dinner and lunch which could be avocado or salad dressing.
- last you try to drink half of your weight in oz. each day so a 200 lb. person drinks 100 oz.
I think that is the basics of it.
Anyways I got ready yesterday and made the yummiest chicken to get ready so here is the recipe. I will let you all know how I did tomorrow.
Ali

roasted chicken.
1 whole chicken 5-6 lbs is typical. I use foster farms because there is no added salt.
rinse the chicken and lay it in a roasting pan.
take 1 lemon cut it in slices, place the slices under the skin next to the meat. If you look near the opening you will see that you can life the skin away from the meat and slide you hand in, that is where I am talking about.
take the remaining lemon and place it in the cavity.
next some springs of fresh thyme. Place some under the skin with the lemon and put the rest in the cavity.
next 1 onion, cut in in half and put in the cavity
1 head of garlic cut in half to expose the middle of the garlic ( basically the wrong way) put that int he cavity.
next using butter or coconut oil ( it's better for you and tastes great) slather on the skin of the chicken about 2 Tablespoons.
Last sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
Bake at 400 degrees for 1 and 15 min for a 5 lb bird and 1 and 30 min for a 6 lb. bird.
I swear it is sooooo good you will make it again.
Cody and Garrett loved it.

No comments: