Monday, February 9, 2009

I'm Back!!!!
After months and months of putting off dieting I am back. I am finally at the point of being ready to tackle my eating habits and all the emotional eating that goes along with it. I have an eating problem and I know that I will have to work the rest of my life to eat healthy and not let it overtake my life again. After lots of thought of going back on my low carb, low fat, low calorie diet I decided that I need to be a responsible adult about this and not go with what works fast and short term but I need something more lilfelong and liveable. I am doing weight watchers. I am going to be trying to find time in my schedule to go to meetings and make this a priority for me.
I talked with my dear and close friend in weight loss struggles a few weeks ago and stated that I am tired of failures and people knowing exactly what I weigh and how often I seem to fall off the band wagon. After lots of thought I remembered that one of the main reasons I started this blog was for accountability and also as a log of my journey. On one of my very first blogs I said that I would always be honest and open about my weight ,struggles, and my all around dieting life. There are still a few things I will not talk about on my blog 1. poop, sorry but this is off the blog, 2. periods and that time of the month, I don't really want you all to know when I am being a b**** and 3. Sex, sorry another none of your buisness and plus mo mother in law reads this:) so there it is all wrapped up. I came to this honesty blog becasue I have receved email from countless woman telling me how much I encourage them and have helped them through some diet issue and this is what it is all about.
Now is honesty time. I weighed in this morning for this first time in I don't even know how long. I was not really surprised in what I saw because of how I have been eating and going food crazy for months now. I weigh 199 pounds. Ouch, there it is. The good part is it can only go down from here.
So what is my blog going to be from here on out? I will continue my journal but I am also going to be throwing on recipies ever now and again, diet humor, articles that may be passed on to me by other dieters, basically I have decided to not tell my failures over and over and over but to make this an adventure in how to jump back up and get back on wheen those kinds of things happen. So look for my daily blog and if there is a day here and there that I may not feel like blogging or maybe don't have time I will at least be honest and log on long enough to tell you the truth. So cheer me on and here we go. 49 pounds to go.......oh and if you have any good weight watchers recipies or ideas pass them on thebrennerfamily@verizon.net
Ali

2 comments:

Towner said...

You rock Ali. I will be following your journey, and I will send you good motivators and recipes as I find them.

Jeanne B. said...

I'm thrilled that you're back Ali. I'm really proud of you. Your outlook is great too. I love how you'll focus on celebrating your successes and sharing things that work (recipes, getting back on track after an "oops", diet humor, etc.) That's awesome; what a great idea! I'll be praying for you and cheering you on. Just like the dedication you've shown to get through school, you will be able to reach this goal too! I believe in you. And in the meantime, remember that we are not defined by what we weigh. Love ya sis!