Friday, November 7, 2008

Nov. 7, 2008
This week has sucked.
As you know we lost the dogs on Tues. well after searching all day I finally came home and our girl dog Harley had made her way home. She was freaked out and growling when I got close to her she was covered in blood. We washed her and she had gotten attacked ny another dog and is covered in bite marks. She has 3 that are really deep and bad so she is sore and having a hard time getting around. We have been giving her asprine and keeping her clean. So the good news is she is home the bad news she is freaked out by all noises, most people, most everything and she doesn't want to be alone. So she is basically our baby.
As for Dusty we still have no wird on him. We have been to ever shelter, posted signs everwhere, seached every neighborhood, even walked the local fields to even find a body. The kids are starting to give up and are very upset. I have to admit I cry when I think about it. I just don't know what to do next. You don't relalize how attached to your pets you are until stuff like this happens. We are going to the 3 shelters tomorrow to look again. The shelters told us check back every 3 days and don't give up for at least 2 months.
On top of the dogs school has been hectic, Shawn has had a toon of work to do, and the house is trashed because I haven't been home to pick up the mess.
Diet has still been ok. We have had fast food the last few nights. I have been good all day and then I am careful at dinner. I have stayed the same weight so at least I am not gaining.
Well off to a busy weekend.
Ali

1 comment:

Jeanne B. said...

How totally terrible Ali. I'm so very sorry. I just now had a chance to catch up on your blog. Hearing about your dogs has caused big tears to well up in my eyes right now. I feel powerless and sad for your family. I hope you find Dusty and I'll keep the boys in my prayers while all this is happening. Wish I could do more...